Gather your materials:
Shavings from a chainsaw or small shavings of wood
Block of wax from a craft store or some old candles
Mini-muffin tin with liners
Tin can (use pliers to make a spout for easier pouring)
Make the Firestarters
1. Spread plastic wrap over your muffin tin (just to make clean up from spilled wax a bit easier).
2. Put a muffin liner into each spot and fill with wood shavings. (fill to the top, but don't pack it down)
3. Cut your candles or block of wax into small pieces or shavings.
4. Fill a sauce pan about 1/3 full with water and set it to about 5 (doesn't need to boil).
5. Place your wax shavings into the tin can. Place the tin can into the water. (This is the same method
of melting chocolate with a double broiler)
6. Use your stick and stir the wax until melted.
7. Slowly pour the melted wax over the shavings.
8. Let them dry and cool completely.
9. Wrap them up and give them to someone needing a little warmth this holiday!